Roasted Spiced Sweet Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 lb medium sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Coarsely grind coriander, fennel, oregano, and red pepper flakes in an electric coffee/spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle. Stir together spices and salt.
Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1-inch wedges.
Toss wedges with oil and spices in a large roasting pan and roast in middle of oven 20 minutes. Turn wedges over with a spatula and roast until tender and slightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes more.