Recipe & Image courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis @ Food Network
Fragrant lemon basil adds a light, citrusy note to this simple potato dish.
- 16 baby new potatoes, halved
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh lemon basil leaves
Place the potatoes, chicken stock, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Drain the potatoes and place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Add ½ of the basil. Toss well and garnish with the remaining chopped basil.