- prep time: 15 MINUTES
- total time: 15 MINUTES
- yield: 4 -6 SERVINGS 1X
- 2 pounds ripe roma tomatoes, halved and cored*
- 1 small (1/2 lb) cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled
- 2 small garlic cloves (or 1 large clove), peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 thick slice of white bread, soaked**, crusts removed
- optional garnishes: homemade croutons, chopped fresh herbs, a drizzle of olive oil, or any leftover chopped gazpacho ingredients
- Combine all ingredients together in a blender or food processor. Puree for 1 minute, or until the soup reaches your desired consistency. Taste and season with extra salt, pepper and/or cumin if needed.
- Refrigerate in a sealed container for 4 hours, or until completely chilled.
- Serve cold, topped with your desired garnishes.
*To core your tomatoes, simply scoop out and discard the seeds and any tough white core.
**To soak your bread (which will make for better blending), I recommend running it under the sink for a second to soak it with water. Then just ring it out completely, and add the bread to the blender or food processor.